Signal boosts/reblogs appreciated!! <3
Finally! I haven’t opened commissions in a LONG time, so my prices might be a little low?? I don’t know, man. Anyway, they won’t go any lower than this if you’re wondering lol. In fact, they’ll probably go up.
I will also do black and white sketches for $10 but I don’t have many examples of non-colored sketches so, there ya go lol
For now, I don’t want to bother with head/bust/fullbod stuff so I’ll sketch anything for $15. Any additional characters, add $10
- I will draw pretty much anything; from original characters, to fanart, to kpop stars (just look at my random-ass gallery lol)
- If there is a brush or coloring style you prefer (because I have used many) let me know!
- DIGITAL DELIVERIES ONLY!
- You must pay in full before I begin your commission!
- Paypal (you will have to pay the Paypal fee!) or personal checks only. (Please allow 5-10 days for check to be cleared)
- Maximum size is 8x10 inches
- You will receive two files. One will be a high resolution TIFF file at 300DPI (so you can print it out yourself) and the other will be a low resolution JPEG file at 72DPI (so you can post or use online)
- I will add a watermark to the low res file if you want (but you must request it!)
- By commissioning me, you agree to not resell anything I draw for you. That means that you can’t print out a bunch and sell it to your friends or at conventions, etc. You also cannot use it for advertising your website, business, etc
- You CAN use it as an avatar, wallpaper, banner, background image, etc. You can also print a bunch to GIVE (not sell) to your friends, family, etc
- basically, keep it to “personal use” and not for profit or “commercial use”
- If you would like to commission me for a commercial project (for your website, business, advertising, etc) please email me at email@example.com with details about your project and I will give you a quote
Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org or essarte.com/ask
Finn the he’s-too-friggin-perfect human from My Mad Fat Diary.
Proper color piece coming soon~ Will post commission prices when I get a reliable ISP!!!! (I’m sorry for those waiting for a price list!) D:
On another note, how can you not ship this, like srsly
go away superman
SHOUTOUT TO THE GUYS AT THE PENCILJACK FORUM FOR HELPING ME OUT ON THIS ONE
I understand when older people roll their eyes when they’re told Tupac is a very loved and respected man amongst the generation that grew up listening to him (vs MLK or Malcolm X) but damn, he was only 25 and already he was planning to form a political party for ALL people of color, acknowledged that women didn’t owe him anything and that it was wrong for him to expect anything from them, and laughed at the stories of the Illuminati because he knew it was just another trick to try and control/paralyze people from doing/changing anything.
They don’t understand that while men like MLK and Malcolm X were able to grow and learn from their mistakes to positively give power to the people, Tupac was also heading towards positive changes, but he never got that chance to show anyone how far he could go politically.
No, he was no angel or role model, just a man trying to live and survive.
"Let’s change the way we eat, let’s change the way we live, and let’s change the way we treat each other. You see the old way wasn’t working so it’s on us to do what we gotta do to survive." Tupac Shakur, dead at 25.
*as always, feel free to delete my comments when reblogging*
How to make it harder for buttholes to steal your art
I like sharing my art, as many people here on tumblr do. So when someone reposted my art and put their fugly a** watermark over it (even though at that point I stopped putting my own because, ew, watermarks), I wanted to cry. :( (no, she didn’t take it down when I asked argh!)
I could have easily reported her post to Tumblr and gotten it taken down, but it was a minor annoyance compared to artists whose work literally gets stolen. I see it time and time again. Some butthole art thief takes these people’s art, prints it on sh*t like phone cases, canvas prints, bags, etc. and sells it on their shops. WTF
Anyway, although this method is not fool-proof, it will make it harder for buttholes like the ones mentioned above to print your sh*t on their sh*t. Pay attention, now~
So you just finished a bomb-a** drawing and want to share it with the planet. Great! First of all, let’s look at the specs of your working file:
So this flattened image is 26.3 MB and is at 300 DPI. Ok, we all know not to upload at this size and at that DPI (not sure if you can even upload at that DPI on tumblr). Anyway, since you’ll be posting it online for people to see and not sending it to a printer, let’s lower that number to the standard screen resolution of 72:
The width looks good for my tumblr page, and the resolution is perfect. That was easy lmao Now I can save and share right?
See, even though the dpi is 72, lookit that file size:
1.7MB is PLENTY BIG to be printed at a decent quality on sh*tty plastic earings on etsy, or even postcard sized prints.
At this point, you can keep adjusting the size and resolution till you get something that is 200kb or lower or save yourself from going back to this dialog box and go to SAVE FOR WEB & DEVICES:
You’ll have summoned this:
Notice the highlighted parts because that is what we need to pay attention to. In one corner we have the file size:
An in the other, this thing:
Now, to knock down the size of the file, we need to adjust the quality. Remember that you want it to be 200 KB OR LESS. This quality should be a good enough quality for people to be able to enjoy your work while art thieves will be creying because the quality is too sh*tty to be able to print and sell it on cafepress.
(in fact, I would go lower than 191kb. Check final results to see which size you’re comfortable with)
And the final result is:
Hey! That looks alright! And it retained it’s 650 width! (At least, it would have if I hadn’t uploaded it on a text post.) EYYYYY!
Again, this isn’t fool proof. I can think of ways to get around this but I won’t mention them lest I give people ideas lmao In any case, it should be enough to discourage the average art thief since we know they’re all basic b*tches anyway.
Feel free to fact check me because I can’t remember where I heard/read that 200kb prints are sh*tty and I don’t feel like wasting paper printing 200kb sized art lol